Stylised photograph of Church architecture
Church of Christ the King: Local History
Home button
Information button
Religious History button
Local History button
Image Gallery button
Week button
Last button
B4 button
Baptisms button
Weddings button

Sisters of St Joseph the Apparation

<< Back

Sister Emilie
Sister Emilie

The sisters had come to start the education of girls in Fremantle in 1855. Four sisters had come from France and soon they also went to Albany for the same purpose. In 1903 the many young Catholic families of Beaconsfield mainly those working in the Fremantle port and the local limestone quarries requested the Sisters to undertake the schooling of their children. The sisters started what became Christ the King school. This school celebrated a centenary of operation in 2003.